Support & FAQ
- How do we make money?
Through advertising and offerings of relevant and local services such as locksmiths, cleaning, cheaper energy, etc.
Next to the standard FREE version, that delivers all functionality required to assure an active community & a well-run building, we also offer a PRO version. Its additional features such as telephone support, rights based document management, API's for your property manager, etc. enhance the service level even further. You can go PRO for as little as 1 € (per month & apartment + VAT in a yearly subscription for the whole building). Find out more here.
- Is it private and secure?
- How do I get my building started?
If you are the first person to successfully register at a specific address, you are granted super user rights. These rights allow you to administer your building on HomeBeat.Live. Don't worry, it's easy and no technical skills are required. Super user rights can later be transferred to one or more persons in the building.
- Define the buildings parameters such as floor levels, building sections, additional addresses, etc.
- Enter the e-mail addresses of the service people / property manager of your building, so that incidents and emergencies get sent to them automatically.
- Enter the general information text, with all critical information for the building. Most of the time that information can be found at the entrance of the building, published by your Property Manager.
Invite your fellow residents to join! A unique invitation code is created for you to distribute by e‑mail. Residents which use the code during registration will be attributed automatically to your building.
- Do I need approval?
Actually, no, you don't. Anyone who lives in or owns a building can start a new platform on HomeBeat.Live. It does not offset the existing communication methods that are established in your building. HomeBeat.Live just makes them easier and faster. The more people are in the system the better it works. Typically, only 30% of all people in your building sign up in the beginning. The number grows as people discover the benefits.
What if the property manager doesn't want to join straight away? That's not a problem either, he'll still get notified on every incident and your fellow residents will still appreciate to be informed simultaneously. Property managers can sometimes be a bit reluctant to change and innovation. But they also have a lot to gain from better communication. We are available to help with any questions you may have. Ultimately, it’s you, the owners and residents that decide how you want to run your building. If that includes a powerful and contemporary communication platform, then the property manager will follow suit sooner or later.
Do I need to ask the owners council? No, you don’t. We do however encourage you to involve them in the process. The platform can really help to increase transparency on what’s going on in the building to plan ahead more efficiently and increase the service level. Just get started and find out if it works for your building.
- How does sign-up work?
- You register and confirm your e‑mail address. It usually takes less than one minute to receive a confirmation e‑mail from us.
- If you're the first person to register an address, we'll ask you to send proof that you really are a resident or owner of the building. You can do so by sending an image of the letterhead of a recent utilities invoice, etc.
- If you've received an invitation, just follow the instructions. It takes about 10 minutes to set up an account.
The platform is easy to use and self-explanatory. For convenience, a user introduction manual explains all features in detail.